Bombshell Customs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bombshell Customs Forum

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Casper

Casper

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 am

After 795 miles , hours in the saddle, dust, heat. mud , bugs. BEARS logs thrills spills and outright crashes I finally got the checkerd flag.
Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00813

Map

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00814

TRIP

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00818
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 pm

After finishing it was decision time , I had left the options open as continue on north for a lap around Lake Suerior and Michigan than home or just turn around. I worked my way back to highway 13 and stopped at a reservation gas station for gas and checked the weather forecast . Rain everywhere and more comeing. Called the Queen and told her it was her lucky day I was headded home . I headed south on 13 following the lakeshore in ashland I saw a huge fish . More gas in ashland and headed south into the rain. I thought i could outrun the rain by heading south . I did for a while than more rain . I would run around 80 miles than look for gas< Fill up and keep rollin. As I pulled into Marshfield Wi. the sky was black and the wind was just stupid fast. As I finished filling up under the awining the tornado sirens started blowing . I went into the station and had coffee while mother nature had its way with the small town. When the rain let up south I went.

BIG FISH
Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00820

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00819

Last edited by Casper on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 pm

The rain was off and on all day I had been wet at least 3 times . On one dry spell I found the concrete garden . It was 80 acres of concrete statues that some old timer created on his land back in the 30s and 40s. Way cool He had been in WW1 and most of the statues were what he had seen .

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00822

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00823

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00821
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 pm

It started raining again as soon after leaving the concrete garden. It rained hard and there were lots of trees blown down . Around 730 I spotted a motel in Rome Wi . and checked in . I parked under the overhang on the sidewalk . My options for supper were ride in more rain or oatmeal on the campstove . Oatmeal won , my butt was wet tired and sore . I ate called the Queen and got some sleep. In the morning the gazebo things were blown over and tree limbs were all over the ground.

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00824

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00825
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Woke up packed up and headded twards Gunpoint , on the way I went to the dells saw a huge Duck ! Its a pretty town all painted up oldschool but its a tourest trap .
Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00826

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00827

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00828
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Southern Wisconsin must be patrolled by the Wisconsin Air Force as every town seemed to have some sort of fighter plane in there parks.

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00829
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Passing Illinois northern boarder I found some gravel roads that would take me south for about 25 miles . on the way was some cool old bridges and achient buildings.
Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00830

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00831

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00832
Back to top Go down
Casper

Casper

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:24 pm

I got back on I40 and took it to east peoria . Stopped at Wonderdog and ate 4 wonderdogs I was Hungry !!
The next thirity miles seemed like they took forever but soon I was at Gunpoint. GAME OVER !!\
Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 Dsc00833

Last edited by Casper on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
advrider081460

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Look as tho you had an awesome time! Ill be running the TWT in August. Thanks for another view point on the trail.

Brad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)   Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rideing the T.W.A.T. ( Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bombshell Customs Forum :: General Forum-
Jump to: